To celebrate the annual awards, Sarah Custer and Miranda Brin interviewed past winners to find out how their work has evolved since taking the trophy home and any advice they might give to colleagues working towards similar goals. The people interviewed are:
- Tara Moore, Professor of Personalized Medicine at the University of Ulster and winner of the 2020 Research Supervisor Award
- Judith Francois, Senior Lecturer at Kingston University and winner of the 2020 Most Innovative Teacher Prize
- David Green, Vice Chancellor of the University of Worcester, 2020 Winner for Outstanding Contribution to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Sarah Baldwin, Head of Student Support Services at Nottingham Trent University, recipient of the Outstanding Student Support Award in 2020.
- Julian Skirm, Director of Social Responsibility at the University of Manchester, 2020 Winner for Outstanding Contribution to the Local Community
- David Worsley, Professor at Swansea University, recipient of the International Collaboration Award for the year 2020
See the shortlisted nominees for the 2021 Awards and read their tips on scholar supervision, innovative teaching methods, and student support.